Friday 1 March 2013

Elixir Lacquers My picks of the Roller Derby Ruckus Collection

Today's post features my three picks from Elixir Lacquers Roller Derby Ruckus Collection.

All Elixir Lacquers are 3 free and cruelty free. Polish can be purchased here and retails for $10.00 US.
All photos taken in artificial lighting. The weather here is beyond miserable, so I had no choice.


SHAMROCK SHAKEDOWN is a mix of multi sized hexes, holographic squares and iridescent hexes. The translucent glitter is really neat. Love it! This is 2 coats of Shamrock Shakedown over OPI My Vampire is Buff. I did have a bit of problem with a lot of the glitter being stuck to the sides of the bottle, but still got good coverage.




MISSY MAYHEM is loaded with various square glitter. White, blue, purple in iridescent, satin and holographic finishes. This is 2 coats over China Glaze Fade Into Hue. No problems with application. Base is a bit thick, but no different then most clear based glitters.




DOUBLE D-STRUCTION is a clear base topper with teal, brown and bronze in a mix of micro, medium and large hex. Finishes include satin and mirror.  I had read on another blog that they had some problems getting the large teal glitter out of the bottle, so I flipped mine upside down before using and had no issues getting the large glitter out. This is a really interesting mix of colours. My fave of the three! I layered 2 coats over OPI I Saw You Saw We Saw Warsaw. Absolutely LOVE this combo! What do you think?





Overall I was really pleased with all three that I chose. Due to the glitter combos you can really get creative with what you choose to layer these over. All three are currently in stock here. Also, don't forget to follow along on facebook for updates and new releases.
Thanks for stopping by. I hope you enjoyed the post!

*polish purchased by me, and all opinions are my own*

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers!