Friday 4 October 2013

Zoya Nail Polish Corals - Elodie, Myrta, and Destiny

Today I have three Zoya Polishes that are in the coral family. I will give you the official description from the Zoya site followed by my interpretation.  I am also including their opaqueness scale. 1-5,  1 = sheer and 5 = opaque.

Elodie is officially described as a "warm melon pink creme with a touch of coral". Also on the Zoya scale of opaqueness they score this a 5. Now I find the colour description accurate, but that is about it. My bottle, to me, is a sheer jelly. I am actually wondering if there was some sort of mislabeling incident? How do you go from an opaque creme to a sheer jelly? My photos are 3 coats of Elodie, and there is still significant vnl. My guess is I would have needed another 2 coats for full opacity. The vnl isn't that obvious in the pics, but it is in person.

Elodie

Zoya Nail Polish

Zoya Nail Polish

Myrta is described as a "medium orange coral with red undertone, gold and silver metallic shimmer, and a foil like finish". Again, accurate. Opaque scale scored this a 5, which I would agree with this time! Photos shown are 2 coats with top coat. I'm not normally a big foil fan, but I quite like this one. No issues with streaking to report.

Myrta

Zoya Nail Polish

Zoya Nail Polish

Destiny is a PixieDust shade. I know textured polish isn't everyone's thing, but I love the Pixie's! Officially called a "coral metal sparkle". Opaqueness 5. Pretty close. This has a ton of sparkle for a matte polish. I really like it. It does lean a bit orange. The first 2 pics are without top coat and the second 2 are with. I like it both ways! Most of the time with the PixieDusts I prefer it without top coat.

Destiny

Destiny

Destiny

Zoya PixieDust

As I am in Canada, I purchase my Zoya products from Nail Polish Canada. If you are in the States, you can buy direct from Zoya. And I apologize, if you are anywhere else, I am not sure where to buy from.

Thanks everyone! Hope you all have a great weekend.

*polish purchased by me and all opinions are my own*

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers!