Friday 10 January 2014

Julep Cleopatra black latex polish

Julep Cleopatra is a black polish with a waxy finish. Please note that this does not contain latex. I actually really like this type of finish. I even have the Wax That top coat from Cult Nails so I can do this to all my polish. So even though I like this type of polish, this particular one just didn't cut it. You need to apply VERY precisely or else it will be noticeable where you missed or applied too much. You'll notice this in my photos. I like my polish to be a bit forgiving when it comes to this. Or usually a top coat will help to even things out, but this is designed to be worn without top coat. You'll also notice that I ended up with some little clumps of something (pigment maybe) on a couple of the nails. Really unappealing to look at! This is two coats of Cleopatra with no top coat.

Julep Cleopatra

Julep Cleopatra

Julep Cleopatra

So this is ending up in my nail art only pile! A disappointment to be sure. Thoughts? Am I the only one that has mysterious clumps in their polish?  Thanks for stopping in today. Hope you all have a nice weekend.

*polish purchased by me and all opinions are my own*

1 comment:

  1. Never tried this but it doesn't look all that great. Sad to hear you were disappointed in it.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from my readers!